Sunday, October 22, 2006

PART 1




" There you are you silly girl. Do you realise what is the time? Come home soon.", my friend's mom called out for her angrily.

My friend hastily saying bye to me ran for her house. She left the so obvious instructions with me - to keep our treasure in hiding at the last step of basement of the house in whose verandah we were spending our evenings for 2-3 days.

Its then only I realised that it has been too late from the time we started moulding the loose sand into small eatable items like a cake (a big -big one with lots of cherries on it) and pakoras and so many more. We were preparing to start a grand and a famous hotel of our own. We even planned to open its branches as we got famous.

Well, when my friend went away, I lifted my head to see the moon half hiding behind those translucent cotton like gray clouds. The stars were cheerfully talking to each other making me feel jealous that I was again left alone. Suddenly the realisation that even I am late, rushed into my mind. Hurriedly I packed all the items and hid them at our secret place.

Running towards home, I saw my mom waiting for me in the verandah. My heart started beating faster and I started praying, "God! please don't make my mom angry on me. I will never be late again. I am really sorry."When I reached at the gate my mom hushingly said, " Go and come from the back gate. I am opening the back door for you."

I was too startled as why such an entry. The light coming from the living room and some strange slippers lying outside were enough clues to guess that we had guests at our place. A thought struck me. Probably my shabby clothes and look has caused my back door entrance. But at that moment I didn't realise I was not too far from discovering how nasty life had been with me.

"Thank you God! Thanks a lot. I will never get late again. I know you saved me today. She was not angry with me. I knew that you will save me. I love you." Excitingly and jumpingly I started moving towards the back door through a narrow road which has the back entrances of all the houses in our lane. How was I supposed to know that anger will take over the feeling of gratitude which I felt moments ago for my GOD.

1 comment:

NIDHI JAIN said...

With such simple and understandable English, the author has managed to color the words with varied emotions of a young girl who is enthusiastic and excited for just about anything that life has to offer. Good job! Keep it up.